Monday, February 15, 2010

Olympic Fever on Valentine's Day

This year's Valentine's Day, me and my husband decided to take a look at all the Olympic happenings in Downtown Vancouver. We brought Samantha to her grandparents who happily agreed to watch over her for the day while we spend some time as a couple downtown. As we take the skytrain to downtown we weren't prepared for the large crowd that welcomed us when we got out of our stop. It was a happening place! We saw people taking pictures everywhere and enjoying the free attractions that were available. Roads were blocked for just pedestrians only and performers were left and right! You can really feel the Olympic fever and that people were having fun celebrating together no matter where they come from. Steve was clicking away on his camera and these are some of the highlights of the day.

It was a beautiful day, not a single drop of rain. the sun was out and people were happy. I was happy  too because not only was I experiencing a once in a lifetime event in Vancouver but because I was enjoying it with my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment