Today was the first playdate for 2010, as a lot of us were busy getting back into our regular routines after the holiday season. Today was a day we were all looking forward to especially the moms. I, myself was counting the days to this event ever since the day we planned it. I don't even know if my daughter realizes where we were going when I was hurrying her to get ready this morning. What I do know is that she gets all excited when I say the word "outside". I always get excited for our playdates because it gives us the time to sit and just let the kids play with other kids in a safe environment. It also gives us a chance to be with good company, good food, and have good conversations. We talk about anything and almost everything in life. It's an outlet especially if you're really having a bad day or week. They keep me sane.
Yummy carrot cake by Wilbert
Delicious red velvet chocolate cupcake by Van
I know these playdates are good for our kids too. It's a change of environment for them. What I noticed with Sam is that she observes what other kids do and learns from them. From the simple words and gestures to singing songs and sharing toys with others. Sam takes a lot of things she observed and brings it home with her. Sometimes it might not be something you would like her to learn yet but that's just life and you just have to go with the flow of things and take things as they come.
*Carmi*Kimi*Sam*Kalen*Justin*
Baby Mac was napping but where was Braden?
Until our next playdates my dear Mommies!
Where's Sophie and Brandon? :(
ReplyDelete