Thursday, April 5, 2012

Art Class Week 1

On Sam's first day in Mr Tony's art class Sam drew and painted an Easter Bunny with an egg. I was very impressed with what came out of her artwork as Mr. Tony only had an illustration of the bunny the kids would be copying and that they would be doing it all by themselves. Mr. Tony said that Sam listened attentively and followed instructions very well. She made the whole bunny from drawing it, to painting it, to cutting the green grass and also gluing the googly eyes. Great job Samantha!

Easter Bunny with the rainbow colored egg
When I went to pick up Sam I asked her how the class went and as expected she said she had lots of fun. I also asked if she remembered the instructor's name and she answered me with " I was so busy doing my art that I forgot his name!" hahaha...typical Sam :) She is my little artist at home and I knew she would enjoy this activity as she has been showing lots interest drawing, coloring, and overall making arts and crafts.

Every child is an artist.
The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. 
~ Pablo Picasso












No comments:

Post a Comment