When I found out I was pregnant with Shawn last year I stopped working out. Now that I'm a mom of two I have been wanting to start working out again but it just seems like I am too tired to do anything. From driving my daughter to and from school and her activities, to keeping the house in order I just didn't see any time to set aside and workout. At the end of the day I just want to lie down in bed and sleep. But there is one type of exercise I would get up and push myself to do and that's Zumba! I've tried Zumba a few times before at work. My work offers different lunch hour work outs from yoga to step class to cardio-kickbox and Zumba seems to be very popular and I found out why on my first class. It didn't feel like a work out but it felt more like a party! I love it!
So one Friday afternoon I dropped off the kids with my in laws and I went to attend Zumba with my cousin, Glenda. We were supposed to meet Mel there but due to popular demand Mel came too late as all 110 wristbands were gone! I cannot believe how many people attended that afternoon but another friend told us that this class is always full! So for our next class we all have to be there at least 20 minutes before it starts to make sure we get in. When the music started playing and the instructor started showing us the moves we followed or tried to follow. Sometimes I cannot follow as I was near the back or just plain confused so I just started doing my own moves (which probably confused the person behind me even more! haha). As long as I kept on moving and I kept on sweating it out it's okay. I was sweating like a pig after 15 minutes. The class lasted for an hour and it felt so good! I feel like I can go on forever! I love how Zumba makes me happy that I am doing something for myself, for my mind and body. I am not getting any younger so I have to make sure that I also take good care of myself. I'm coming back for more. Anyone else wanna join me? Let's Zumba!
For more information on this class and where to attend it in your neighborhood check out their website: http://www.zumba.com/en-US/
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment