Here's what happened on the 19th of November 2011...
For the past few days, weeks, I have been waiting, waiting, waiting and waiting. It was such a waiting game as I thought I was going to give birth earlier with our second baby. (Sam was 5 days early) But this baby did not show any signs of wanting to leave my womb up until today, November 19, 2011 (due date November 20, 2011).
At 7:07 am I woke up wanting to pee really bad and when I did there were some bloody shows that came. Yey! That's my first thought as I really wanted to meet our baby soon. I was already feeling some contractions then but it was still mild and irregular. I woke up Steve to tell them him the good news and he was also excited as I was. Then after getting ready, I woke up Sam to tell her that she will be a big sister today and I saw in her reaction that she was happy and excited as well. I called the hospital to find out what I should be doing next and the nurse told me that I have to wait for contractions to be regular and make sure the baby is moving. The baby was moving - check, but contractions were about 5-10 minutes apart and was mild so I decided to do laundry, put on some bed sheets on our futon and now write my blog. It's 9:59 am and I only had one contraction that was really strong. My mom and dad are both in our house waiting for me to go to the hospital as Sam will be staying with them while we are in the hospital.
It's now 12:06 pm and still nothing exciting has happened. Contractions are stronger but it still last between 25-30 seconds with intervals between 15-20 minutes. I am still at home waiting. Everybody is getting anxious and excited but it doesn't seem to progress faster than expected. Steve just made all of us some omelet as we were all getting hungry. We were even thinking about going to a restaurant at first but I told them that I don't want my water breaking in a public place like that. It would just be so embarrassing. But if my water breaks I will surely go to the hospital and see if they keep me there or not.
But believe it or not I am glad that my baby decided to show some signs today as it is a beautiful day in Vancouver. The sun is out and it's dry but the temperature is at 3 degrees Celsius. It's a good day to give birth. :)
I am just praying that our baby will be healthy and that there will be no complications.
To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment